– It is completely, indisputably morally indefensible to be wealthy.
– It is probably morally indefensible to be middle class, though less so.
– Being an “informed” citizen who reads the news is overrated. Most time spent reading the news is a waste. Spend it learning skills.
– There should be no guns whatsoever. For anybody. For the rest of history.
– Los Angeles should be evacuated and flattened, and we should try again.
– It is not that God does not exist, it is that the concept of God is too incoherent to even affirm or deny the existence of.
– There are only two good bands performing today: The Black Keys and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings.
– It would be desirable to make water-slide transit a regular part of the average American commute.
– We should not talk about “rights.” Rights are an outmoded fiction. Instead we should just have very strict moral codes.
– There is very little difference between killing and letting die, thus we are deeply culpable for all the lives we are failing to save right now.
– Chris Kyle was a serial killer.
– No nonfiction book should exceed 150 pages.
– Kidney donation should be required like jury duty (at least until we get enough voluntary donations).
– No college should ever reject an applicant.
– Muddy Waters ruined the blues.
– We should be far more concerned with what will happen 500 years from now than with what will happen tomorrow.
– “Blurred Lines” was both an indefensible rape anthem and a really good song.
– John Rawls was history’s greatest monster.*
– Prison should be a pleasant and edifying experience, or not exist at all.
– Everyone should spend at least one minute thinking about the Holocaust every day.
– Marxism is nonsense and capitalism is indefensible.
– People who use the word “hermeneutics” should be forced to pay a fine.
– Ringo Starr’s abilities as a drummer are underrated.
– There is no such thing as America.
– All governments should be slowly done away with.
*in one sense, not all.